Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Making a Little Progress

The pieces and parts for my Jewel Box top are all sewn and squared up. I think most quilters love containers of various types. I am sure that you are all envious of these lettuce boxes that hold my four patchs and hst. They can be recycled later, but they proved to be the right size for these. There are also box lids full of strips for a log cabin in my sewing room. Pretty fancy stuff. This week has been quite busy, but I did manage to make a few blocks. There is not much on the schedule tomorrow, and the beautiful, but short, Indian summer we have had the last couple of days will be turning to rain, so it should be a good sewing day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will grow...


8 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, I am envious of the containers. But I am more envious of the blocks you are making.

Janet said...

I hope it grows too - it looks great so far.

Janet said...

I love how it looks with the blue background. I have some high tech containers just like you do.

Kath said...

very effective colour combinations. I am just learning about how to do that. Can't wait to see the finished article. Kath in England

antique quilter said...

looks great! a wonderful pattern for a scrappy quilt
oh love the look of the blue in there , I am not really a blue person but have to admit lately looking at blues differently lately, even buying a few!
For scrappy quilts they really seem to be the connecting fabric sometimes
always looking for those steel blue colors..know what I mean?
Kathie

Lori said...

The boxes are perfect for your little project. What a colorful quilt and the blue has great contrast to the other fabrics. Lookin'good!

Vicki said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!!!

Dixie said...

First time visiting your site.
I never thought about using those containers for my projects. I love the blue you've chosen. It's going to make a beautiful quilt.