Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bits and Bobs



Two blocks done from the quilt I posted about last time.  I'm using bits and pieces of my skimpy hotel scrap bin - I think it will make for interesting blocks.  The blocks will be set together with alternate muslin (not this distracting background).   The fabrics in the left block are hard to see - too much sun when I was taking pics.  Here are close ups -   


I've also been working on the Ocean Waves variation I posted about here.  I think I've got all the hst for the blocks sewn.  I need to do a count - I might be short one.  This is the stack that remains to be sewn into four units of four -
















And what's left to trim - I've brought these with me to finish up in the hotel this week.  I'm hoping to have this one ready to play on the design wall soon!  Feels like ages since I've made major progress.










Thought you might like to see one of my purchases from my day at Mt Dora.  Isn't she sweet?


12 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your blocks...but that bed? Amazing! What size is it!

antique quilter said...

OMG what a treasure you bought that bed is just soooo beautiful!
love your blocks oh an ocean wave quilt is on my to do list someday...
Kathie

Janet said...

What an amazing doll bed!! You will have fun dressing it up I think
:0) Your postage stamp blocks look great.

Janet O. said...

Those blocks are gorgeous!
Ocean Waves is an ambitious undertaking. I've finished one someone else started, and I've added a round of ocean waves to a medallion quilt. Doing a whole one sounds overwhelming to me now. : )
Wow, what a wonderful little bed. Such a great find!!

Barb said...

How wonderful that you're doing an OW - you hardly see new ones.
Your doll bed in INcredible! I love everything about it except that it's not mine.

Every Stitch said...

Love those blocks - and great fabric choices. What an amazing little bed!

Mimi said...

whatever size that bed is....it is gorgeous!!!!

The Civil War Quilter said...

I am drooling over the picture of your doll bed!!! I LOVE it!

Vicki said...

The bed is 12 x 20.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Those blocks are very beautiful - I love them! Such a gorgeous bed too!

Jeanne said...

Love those blocks and the bed is adorable.

HelenMarie said...

Love your blocks... and I actually like your "distracting fabric background"!