Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Houston, We Have a Problem

Only one day to enjoy the show!  The vendors alone could take a day.  Life has 'smacked me in the face' this week, so only popping in to share a few of my favorite contemporary quilts from the show.

Sunflowers by Chris Serong and Susan Campbell from Victoria, AU - beautiful quilting!


Port of Cassis by Lenore Crawford from Midland, MI


Sognare Venezia (Venice Dreaming) by Pauline Barnes from West Midlands, England


Rhinosceros by Pam Holland.  Unfortunately, my full quilt pic had issues.  I just love this guy's face!

10 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

Grazie per le belle foto!
Il quilt bianco con i girasoli è stupendo!!!!
Ciao Domenica

Unknown said...

My aunt really liked the rhino. It's interesting to see the difference in what different people liked in the show. We spent Saturday shopping the vendors and Sunday on the quilt show. The most exciting thing for me was getting to hear Kaffe Fassett talk about his work! You can see pictures on my blog!

Karen said...

The sunflower quilt would be my favorite of these. The quilting is wonderful.

YankeeQuilter said...

Lighting at shows make taking photos a challenge...thanks for sharing these though - they look great!

Lori said...

Holy smokes! Those are some awesome quilts!!
Hey, smack life right back will ya'?

Lisa said...

Wow! The Sunflower is amazing!

Barb said...

great photos from the show - thanks!
the first one is my favorite - awesome quilting.

viridian said...

Thanks for sharing!

liz said...

Nice to see some quilts from Houston. So far it's mostly been merchandising. Thanks for showing.

Amy Cate said...

LoveLoveLove the Venice Dreaming quilt.
They're all great, but the muted tones look phenomenal