Saturday, December 19, 2009

What a Surprise!

Trudging thru the airport after a long travel work week - head down dragging my luggage behind me. I'd taken new transportation, so I entered at a different terminal than usual. Oh, there's a beautiful two-storey Christmas tree ablaze in light blue lights with dark blue ornaments. Well, that was a nice surprise. Then I turn the corner and - WHAT! - a quilt show at the airport! OK, now I'm smiling. So, thanks to the Annapolis Quilt Guild for making my day! If you're at BWI, head to the International departure level for a quilt treat.

Unfortuantely, my camera was low on battery, so I only got a close-up of two of the quilts. The quilting on the feathered star was exceptional. I loved the small fans!







8 comments:

Kath said...

I love the fans too, how pretty thay look! Kath in England

Vicki W said...

What a treat!

Lori said...

What a fun surprise!! I love the feathered star!

beth said...

Wow! a quilt show at the airport! what an inspired idea!

Janet said...

What a fantastic surprise! I love that Feathered star quilt.

Janet said...

I think that's a great idea, what a wonderful treat. I love the feathered star.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh..I'd have hated to have been in a hurry that day. What a great place to put the quilts!

*karendianne. said...

This is one of those real "Spirit of Christmas" moments! I'm so glad I came by to catch up and see what was happening. This makes my heart sing with REAL joy! Gosh, thanks for sharing. I can imagine what a thrilling moment this was. So so neat!