Monday, October 13, 2014

Sunday Shopping

Yesterday was the last Sunday antique market at the local fairgrounds for 2014.  My first purchase of the morning brought sunshine to my day.  This late 19th century top has a couple double-pink fabric tears, but its been reproduced and repair shouldn't be a problem.  I think this top was meant to find me.  The dealer had the top for only one day - fate!
 
I found this beautiful pitcher.  I love serving iced-tea out of old pitchers
because the tea highlights the glass detail.  Be sure to let the brewed tea come to room temperature before pouring into the pitcher - learned the hard way on that one.   
These old linens will look great in the summer kitchen.  The top one is a towel and the bottom one looks like a table runner ($2 each and in perfect condition).
 

 I found a mulberry transferware plate to add to my collection. Fall is the perfect season to display mulberry dishes.


I also found a glass frog for flower arranging for $.50 and old perforated quilting stencils for $1.  A crisp autumn morning for a treasure hunt!  And the BEARS WON!!!   


14 comments:

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Wow! Super finds. That quilt is just fabulous ! Love the block pattern. It would be fun to reproduce.
Enjoy your treasures!

Chantal said...

Wow! That quilt is FABulous! So many great finds, must have been your lucky day.

Karendianne said...

What a spectacular quilt top and that double pink is perfect. Wow! Just love that for you.

Mimi said...

Great finds. Especially love your quilt.

Janet said...

What a gorgeous top - so dynamic! Feathered Star is my favorite! What great treasures you found!! I was wishing you had shown the quilting stencils as I was curious to see what you got :0) Enjoy!

Kyle said...

Those treasures must have been meant for you. The quilt top is a fantastic design. Glad it's found a good home.

Sherrill said...

That top is beautiful and I'm glad it found you!! LOVE that beautiful pitcher. You made some fantastic grabs!!

Barb said...

great finds. I love the mulberry transferware - lovely vignette with the typewriter.
Oh yes, and nice quilt!

Quilting Stories said...

How lucky to find such a wonderful antique top!

Lori said...

What a wonderful quilt find! Such a fun and unique pattern.
Love your other purchases too.

antique quilter said...

the quilt is amazing, love the picture brings back memories as a child , water was served from a pitcher that was similar, love the tea towels, they would make great backs for little quilts. great buy!!!!
Kathie

Dawn said...

Fantastic buys! All treasures. What a fun day that must have been.

Jamie said...

Congrats on your quilt in the AQSG exhibit.
Live the tea towels....reminds me of our grandmothers.
Jamie

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I love the excitment of finding treasure. That quilt top is a real find. Love it.