I started Midnight Stars Part 1 (pieced block outer triangles) during late night retreat sewing. I had little yardage with me, so I pulled the fabrics from scrap strip sets. The pea-green fabric set the tone for the entire top - it's a hard color to base a quilt around! There was alot of fabric auditioning going on at my house before moving on to Part 2! I didn't have enough background fabric (darker of the two) to complete the setting triangles, so I alternated with a second fabric. The darker background (2004-2005 Thimbleberries) really played nicely with the pea-green triangles and was my first choice. I probably should have used the darker for the outer border and the lighter for the four inner blocks - hindsight! Haven't decided if I'll add an outer border - the top needs to rest for awhile.