Sunday, September 6, 2009

Antique Quilt Copy

I saw this quilt at an antique exhibit. It was in terrible shape, but I loved the composition. The booth owner let me sit and take notes - I didn't have my camera with me. To answer a question from comments, my camera is an old Gateway digital (DC-T50 5.25 megapixels). My reproduction of the quilt came totally from stash - I love when that happens! The quilt went together fairly quickly due to the deep sashing/cornerstones.

Status on current project - the Colorado center is complete. I'm working on the rick-rack border. I scratched the QST and am using the flying geese method. I made a small sample last night and decided I needed to increase the scale. Hope to have one side done soon to show you.

11 comments:

Karen said...

A very interesting quilt. You made yourself some good notes. The like the use of the green sashing. The pattern looks very dimensional.

Lori said...

OMG! I love it!! Yours looks old;) I love the green sashing and is that a wine colored red in the blocks?
Lori

Vicki said...

Thanks, Lori! Yes - wine red from stash.

Janet said...

My goodness Vicki, that is some quilt, its a stunner. I love the colours and the design.

Sheila said...

Beautiful. Are these colors similar to the original you saw?

Vicki said...

Yes - I copied the colors from the original quilt.

Janet said...

A beautiful quilt! It has all the charm of an old quilt.

Louise said...

What a beautiful and interesting quilt! It has the look of an antique. I love all the fabrics, especially the "poison" green. Louise

antique quilter said...

you have really done it this time
this quilt is just BEAUTIFUL and of course I would love for it to live at my house
Just can't get enough of poison greens
what a great wine red fabric in there too....
it looks so old you really did a
Great job Vicki
a beauty
Kathie

beth said...

Yes! this is really beautiful...I'm super inspired...but I have so many quilts in the works right now. Love the colors!

Lynn Dykstra said...

Great quilt--I love the odd size of the sashing, kind of takes over the quilt, making you peer deeper into the quilt to see the little parts.