These two quilt tops did not turn out as I had expected. They were both made in the mid to late 90's. This first one is corn and beans. I took the pattern quite literally because, look, there is corn fabric, and vegetable fabric. There are probably beans in there somewhere. At the time this was made, I was working in a quilt store. Unfortunately, I let modern tastes dictate my fabric choices here. How could I not know that this wouldn't satisfy me? And, it was a fair amount of sewing.
This grid type quilt was an idea that I had wanted to try for some time. Maybe I hadn't been quilting long enough to know that it wouldn't be successful. If I could do it over, I would add another value of red to create four surrounds of value. The center is just too huge!These reds were real favorite fabrics of mine, and I used them all up in this top. Also, some of the skinny strips were the ends of some pieces that I really liked.
These two tops ended up in someone else's collection because I sold them to a local machine quilter.
I think the best thing that can be said about these is that I saw them through to completion. That probably would not happen today. They would be left, in parts and pieces, to languish on a shelf.