I've started sewing some blocks with the Sarah Johnson fabric from my last post. I originally thought (and am sticking to) Puss-in-the-Corner blocks with scrappy 4's and constant focus fabric in the middle/corners. The plan was alternating PITC and 16 patch (two sets of two 4 Patch blocks) set 'on point'. I made about 10 PITC blocks and put on the design wall (which is currently the spare bed). I wasn't happy with the clamour of the scrappy 4's. I don't have a pic of that layout, but here's some of the scrappy 4's:
The next attempt was to use the same layout with a more controlled PITC 4's. I'm leaning toward this design:
Here's a last photo with the more controlled PITC 4's with common alternate:
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"