Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quick Post

We've had a heck of a problem with staying connected to the internet the last couple of weeks so I just have a new purchase to share with you. I am in fear of being bumped off again. These fabrics were ordered from Fabric Shack, and look at the bonus goodies they sent - a package of machine needles, size 11 and 14. The larger size are great for paper piecing. I'm done with the piecing of the Spiderweb, but see future string piecing, and so I'll store these away. The size 11s are my choice for everyday piecing. They also sent a free pattern. And, all of this shipped for the unheard of price of $2.50! You can be sure I'll be looking their site up again!

I know I'm pushing my luck, but look at those madders! They are from a new line called, Brick House. Am I the only one who is singing that song inside the brain?! The deep blue is from American Jane. I had a fat quarter from somewhere, and have searched for more, with no luck. Fabric Shack had it on sale. This blue is very close to true, antique indigo. Grab some if it's still left!
Ugh, I've been knocked off here a couple of times, so I'd better post now!

9 comments:

antique quilter said...

whats the color of the blue dot?
there are few on the website
I am always looking for good indigos.
also in search of a good navy or deep dark blue
Kathie
ps a few new madder lines are coming out soon!!!!
yeah the fabric companies/designers are listening!
Jo Mortons spice chest is just out some good ones there...Tara has them on sale right now
sewuniquecreations.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan...as Kathie says - there are 3 American Jane pindots - blueberry, surf or cadet...which is the one you bought? Its so hard to find a good spot, and more so an indigo spot!

Lori said...

Gorgeous purchases and so kind of them to include the bonuses!!!

Michele said...

Hi Jan, Could you please tell me what line the brown fabric with the red and white squiggles is from? I looked up Brick House, thinking it was from that group, but it wasn't there. I NEED some of that fabric! Thanks, Michele

quiltingnana said...

so glad you were able to post...love your blog

Judy said...

I love the Fabric Shack and I am lucky enough to live about 30 minutes from the actual brick and mortar store. It is an awesome adventure!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love ordering from there! I always get really good service. Love those purchases!

Dora, the Quilter said...

I've always had wonderful experiences ordering from Fabric Shack too!

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

.... "she's mighty mightay... just lettin all hang out"... thanks for the "Earworm"...... it doesn't take much for me....
...love those juicy fabrics!...